8 Things To Do Before You Pack | The Holli McCray Group | (865) 291-0355
1. GET ORGANIZED. Create a “master list” of everything that needs to be done before, during, and after the move to make sure you don’t miss a beat.
2. FIND A MOVING COMPANY. If you’re using a moving service, get estimates from a minimum of three companies. We’ll be happy to provide you with some referrals if you don’t know any good moving companies in the area
3. DE-CLUTTER. Try to get your house organized and de-cluttered so it will be easier to pack when the times comes.
4. PURGE! Get rid of the things that no longer serve you. Take an inventory of your belongings and determine what you want to keep. Donate, sell, or trash the unwanted items. Some organizations like KARM will even come to your house and pick up any large items you want to donate.
5. NOTIFY. Notify the post office, banks, credit card companies, utility companies, past employers (for tax return purposes), subscriptions, family and friends, etc. of the address change and estimated move-out date. Schedule utilities and installation appointments at your new home BEFORE you move in to your new place.
6. FIND RELOCATION RESOURCES. If you’re moving to the Knoxville area, contact us and request a relocation package. It will give you a good start towards understanding what’s available and where things are.
7. EMBRACE THE CLOUD. Moving is the perfect time to make sure all of your computer and electronic devices are properly backed-up in case anything gets lost or damaged during the move. Use a cloud-based system (i.e. Dropbox or iCloud) or a portable hard drive to backup all of your files.
8. VISUALIZE YOUR NEW HOME. When the going gets tough and the move gets tricky, remember to take a deep breathe. Before you know it, you’ll be sleeping soundly in your beautiful new home!
If you’re considering selling your home and moving to another, we would love the opportunity to earn your business. We can help you come up with a plan to sell your current home fast and for top-dollar, then help you find the right home for you to move too. If you haven’t found the perfect home yet, search for current Knoxville area listings on our website!