deciding to sell your home….
Selling your home involves much more than just placing a “For Sale” sign in your yard and going to the closing. The Holli McCray Group is here to help you fully prepare your home for sale, market your home to our massive pool of buyers and guide you through the sales process to ensure you sell your home within your time frame. We will determine the correct price range for your home, point out things you should do to make your home more appealing to buyers, and devise the most effective plan of action. HMG provides a professional consultation, a customized strategy and proven results to all of our clients.
Here are some of the steps we will take to sell your home:
- Review the selling process
- Understand the goals you want to achieve by selling your home
- Provide pertinent market data to help effectively price your home
- Determine an appropriate list price
- Provide advice on ways to get your home ready to sell
- Present your home our Buyer Specialist Team
- Market your property using the most up-to-date tools
- Keep communication open
- Present offers and negotiate the best possible deal
Factors That Affect Your Home’s Sale
There are three main factors that determine how quickly your home will sell…. price, condition and time.
Price – If your home is priced too high, you must be willing to wait much longer for your home to sell. Either it will take that much longer to find someone to pay what you’re asking, or the market will eventually catch up to the asking price of the home through inflation. The latter possibly taking several years or more!
Condition – If you’re looking to get top-dollar and sell your home fast, it must be move-in ready and updated. In today’s busy world, more and more buyers are willing to pay a premium for homes that require no repairs or updates when they move in. If you’re uncertain what you need to do to get your home in the right condition to sell, give us a call and we’ll be happy to give you some suggestions.
Time – If you need to sell your home in a short period of time, then you must be willing to price your home aggressively.
How Much Should You Ask for Your Home?
Of course you want to get the full market value for your home. The first step to getting the best price is to determine your home’s value. Our team of experts help you set an appropriate asking price by taking the following factors into consideration:
- Your home’s value may depend on the recent sales prices and current list prices of comparable homes in your area. After reviewing these prices for such homes, your price can be properly adjusted according to current market trends.
- Buyers tend to look in the price range determined by their monthly budget. They’re are often very knowledgeable about the homes in their price range and purchase one by comparison. Above market asking prices tend to be an immediate turnoff and will turn away most buyers.
- Inviting a potential buyer to make an offer shows that you are willing to negotiate. However, if your asking price is too high, then the buyer may not see the point in even making an offer and move on to another property.
- It’s necessary to offer pricing, terms and conditions that are competitive in your market. This will help you sell faster and for more money.
Are you ready to sell your home? CLICK HERE to get started!