Maximize Your Tennessee Football Experience!
It’s well known that Knoxville is a HUGE college football town! We live, eat, and breathe UT football in the fall; orange runs through our blood. The season begins soon, and we could not be more ready for the VOLS to take the field, especially knowing they’re ranked in the top 10 in most pre-season polls this year! If you plan on attending a game at Neyland Stadium this season, be sure to brush-up on the latest fan policies and tailgating tips below.
- If preparation and planning isn’t your thing, consider hiring a company such as Tailgate Tennessee to take the guesswork out of tailgating so you don’t need to deal with the details! Just show up and have fun. Pretty easy right?
- Wear orange! Obviously…..
- Dial-in your game day food plan. Chowhound has some excellent tailgating recipes that will please the entire crowd. From pulled pork to smoked ribs, get inspired and create a tasty game day menu.
- Bring the right equipment. A pop-up tent, chairs, grill, smoker, coolers, sunscreen…make a list the week before so you don’t forget anything. And get there early! Space fills up fast in and around the stadium, so we recommend getting to your spot at least 4 hours before game time.
- Entertainment is key. We’re talking music, fun, and games (bean bag toss, beer pong…get creative!).
- Dress for the weather. It seems like common sense, but check the weather report that morning so you’re prepared for whatever Mother Nature has in store.
- Tailgating often means drinking alcohol. Exercise common sense if you’re drinking…stay hydrated, get some food in your stomach, and ALWAYS select a designated driver BEFORE the festivities begin. Don’t drive drunk.
Note the new bag policy at Neyland Stadium:
Beginning in August 2016, fans will be allowed to bring only one clear plastic bag no larger than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches or a one-gallon, clear, resealable plastic storage bag per person inside Neyland Stadium. Fans will also be allowed a small clutch purse not to exceed 4.5 inches by 6.5 inches. No other bags will be allowed inside Neyland Stadium. All items, including clear bags and clutch purses, are subject to search at the gates. No items can be left or stored at the gates. We heard that HoundDogs of Knoxville has them!